There was an above average turnout at the monthly HOA meeting at Hidden Hammocks with Chuck (president), Jen (property manager) and approximately 15 other residents in attendance. Because 2 of the 4 board members were absent, a quorum was not reached. Therefore, no voting on business items was allowed.
The following items were discussed:
- Chuck made a correction from last months minutes and stated that there was an increase in the yearly property management fees for M and M Property Management. Because the HOA did not cancel their 3 year contract, the contract automatically renewed for another 3 years with a 3% increase in management fees. The cost increased from $39,000 to $42,000 a year. One of the residents explained that a a $3,000 increase is much higher than 3%. Chuck stated that he will look into this further.
- The next renewal period will be on 11/1/21. The association must give 60 days notice to M and M Property Management prior renewal.
- The wells, after 16 months, have finally been set in place.
- The next step is to have a cement slab, pump and timer installed. An estimate from CPM will cost approximately $7,000.
- Christmas lights are up
- Solar lights were installed by Chuck on NW 66th Ter signage. Residents appeared to like how the sign was visible at night.
- White fly treatment has been completed
- On East Wiles the vegetation has been replaced and lighting has been added
- The rope to the flagpole broke and the actual flag disappeared. According to Chuck, the rope and flag will be replaced and a 500 watt light was being installed. The fire department, according to Jennifer, should be able to assist at no cost to the community.
- A bid from BSA electric says that it will cost approximately $15,000 to $20,000 to newly wire and pipe into 7 medians,
- When the sprinklers are completed, then it will cost the community $4,400 to remove all hedges on all medians and $25,000 to replace all hedges.
- A resident complained about CPM Landscaping and requested that the community obtained extra quotes. Chuck stated that he has gotten several but they were all significantly more expensive.
- The main entrance signage is being designed by a third party. Jen (from M and M Property Management) showed the group of residents a picture.
- Coupon books are being mailed to households by the end of this week.
- Approximately 12 months ago, residents owed $70,000 in HOA delinquent payments. As of today, only $29,000 in HOA fees are considered delinquent.
AND FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HIDDEN HAMMOCKS (INCLUDING WHAT'S FOR SALE), PLEASE GO TO: